Medical Ethics Track Requirements:
- Option 1: Research a topic in medical ethics through a thorough literature review, and write a culminating ethical perspective manuscript for publication in an ethics journal.
- Option 2: Propose and implement a community intervention to address an ethical concern in either healthcare or medical education.
- Student will attend a minimum of 2 ethics related lectures a year, either at UTHSCSA or an outside venue and submit a 1-page reflective essay for each lecture.
- Student will submit at least once to the Holt Bioethics Essay Contest during medical school.
- Capstone Report: Option 1 will include the ethical perspective manuscript. Option 2 will include data and analysis from the community intervention or an evaluation of the intervention based on community input.